Sunday, July 12, 2009

Yarnoire

Most crafters, whether a scrapper, knitter, quilter or whatever, always keep an ample load of supplies on hand... in case of a worldwide shortage, of course. That hording is not usually the problem, it's the storage of the paper, yarn, fabric, wood, beads, or glass. My scrapbooking studio may not be the neatest.... HA, far from it, but most everything has a place on a rack or shelf or plastic drawer.. it's there and I can find it. Of course I have a whole room to store this stuff. My yarn on the other hand doesn't have a room, just a dresser in a corner, some boxes and bags and so unworthy of the Malabrigo or alpaca.

With some redecorating lately, the sitting room got it's turn this week with new paint, furniture, rug and the addition of an empty armoire that was taking up floor space in the basement. It was moved upstairs and now proudly holds my yarn and knitting miscellaneous. I love my yarnoire.

yarnoire

yarn inside

2 comments:

robin said...

awesome!! :)

Renee said...

That's wonderful! Makes sense to stash such gorgeous yarny goodness in a lovely armoire.