Monday, October 23, 2006

ROAR!!!!

Go Tigers! They made the World Series and tonight was their second game against the Cardinals from St. Louis. They go to SL Tuesday with a split win 1-1. I've been a Tigers fan ever since I was a little kid. Growing up in Detroit, just miles from Tiger Stadium, that's the only sport we watched. Dad was a super fan and we often went to the ballpark, always sitting between home plate and first base. When I got older and went with friends, it was bleacher seats only. I remember the '68 Series against the Cardinals..... mom was picking us up from school and when Northrup hit that grand slam..... she almost lost control of the car as we swerved down the road..... yeah, she was a huge fan too. Those kings of baseball.... Denny McLain, Al Kaline, Jim Northrup, Gates Brown, Norm Cash, Mickey Lolich, Wille Horton and my fav Catcher Bill Freehan... bring back such sweet memories.

No comments: