Thursday, August 02, 2007

a camping we will go......

I hate camping, I've gone a couple of times when I was younger and tolerated sleeping on the ground and peeing in the woods... but of course there was alcohol and mood altering medications involved. Camping these days? Not so much... roughing it has become a hotel without room service. No kidding... my friends will tell you what a queen I am. So what's this leading to? I'm going to camp... even as a kid I never went to sleep-away camp.... there was day camp, but that doesn't count. So Bob and I are going to a Hungarian Heritage camp located at a lodge in the mountains of Pennsylvania. There we will learn the language (for me a review and for Bob actually learning), and spend some with with other cultural activities. Should be interesting. I've checked the Penn Scenic View site and there are air conditioned lodges and because we're going as a married couple, we get a private room (how nice), but still not sure on the private bathroom... I just might be schleping down the hall in the middle of the night... better stop drinking that water. This is what I'm packing...... i-Pod, books, knitting, a fan for the room (just in case the air conditioning doesn't work), candles, flashlight (to get to the bathroom), bug spray, my pillow, and my altered book for taking notes and journaling. Well yes, I'm taking clothes, but that goes without saying. My friends will be disappointed if I don't bring home lanyards and pot holders and bird houses made from popsicle sticks. I'll try.

1 comment:

Jayne said...

Heehee....you are such a riot. I agree I "used" to be a camper. BUT now I prefer hotels...another BUT is that I promised some friends I'd go camping, in the UP no less! EEK!
Well I know you'll have fun! It sounds like a great experience...don't forget the kitchen sink! LOL
Jayne