Sunday, August 26, 2007


a pirate's life for me....

This weekend was the first Pirate Festival in Muskegon and being part of this event, I went with friends on Saturday. There was a steady amount of people both at Captain Jack's Bar and at the Vender pavilion. Although I love getting in garb and being all piratey (as much as a 53 year old woman can be), I usually take a back seat when it comes to all the activities... like storming the beach and taking back control of the rum from the English Militia. Let them other pirates do the nasty work and I'll wait for the rum. I keep adding to the costume each year and it keeps getting heavier and heavier to wear. Got to admire those pirate folk with the long coats and multiple layers of stuff..... firearms and broad swords will just weigh ya down. So the famous pirate photographer, Tiger Lee was there doing portraits and I just had to have mine done as well..... can't wait to see the final product. Beth, Sgail and Kelsey got their picture taken by him as a birthday gift from me and I have to admit theirs was awesome. So I'm packing away all the bits and bobs until next season. Well done Matey!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

I love your *Pirate* face. Looks like a lot of fun.

Alicia said...

This photo is such a hoot!!