Tuesday, August 14, 2007


Remembering Ozzy

Our beloved Ozzy passed away Monday morning. He and Ginger were at the kennel/vet while we were away and just before we could pick them up on Monday we got the call from the vet. Sometime between midnight Sunday and 5am Monday, Ozzy seizured. He had a couple of episodes in the last few years that we were able to handle, this one however we couldn't.

I am heartbroken and feel like I lost a member of my family. We had him for a wonderful 12 years and he will be missed. I will miss his big brown eyes so telling of his deep sensitive soul, his soft brown fur and big fluffy ears, his singing to Eartha Kitt's "Santa Baby", the way he laid his head on my lap as if to say, "I understand", and how he slept at the side of my bed to protect me from the darkness of the night.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Awww Margo, so sorry to read about Ozzy. Its so hard to loose a pet. I had to put my Kasha down the day after xmas a few yrs back. I still have her ashes on the entertainment center. Ozzy looks very cute in the photo. Logs of hugs to you and your fur babies.

Jayne said...

Margo, I'm sorry for your loss. He's beautiful. He sounds like he was a wonderful friend and family member.
{hugs}

Sharon said...

Margo, I am sorry about Ozzy. Hugs to you and your family.