Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Cat and Socks




Yesterday I had the privilege of taking a workshop with the famous knitting diva and designer, Cat Bordhi. The day long class was held at City Knitting in Grand Rapids and was based on Cat's book, 'New Pathways for Sock Knitters'. Now only having knit 2 pair of socks EVER.... I was open to looking at this skill with new eyes. Knitting from the toe up is new for me and I love the fact there are no heel gussets to make. A few more practice baby socks and I'll have this down pat and ready to explore other patterns. My practice baby socks was in a soft pink yarn, the same I made the baby sweater with and when I make the pair, I can send the baby gift on.


All the socks that were made in the class were posted on the wall to get photographed. See my baby pink sock at the top left?



I only found out about this workshop by reading the City Knitting website last week and on the spur of the moment called and took the last available spot. I enjoyed the class and this self-taught knitter enjoyed learning from a professional. I will keep my eyes on other classes that will come up here and at LYS in Holland.

No comments: