Wednesday, September 17, 2008

On the needles.......

A couple of projects going on now.. first... a sweater for me using Noro Silk Garden. The bottom is done on circulars with cabling all the way around and then the top will be done in pieces and attached. I love the colors of the Silk Garden, and the pattern I'm using, but not sure if it will be too heavy. Have put this on hold for a while though as I start to work on Christmas projects.





Second..... with the new Therapi yarn, making a braided wrap for my sister. The yarn is very pretty, has a nice hand and a nice sheen, but it's not the best to work with as it splits easily and with each skein I use the yarn has been cut and knotted back together. The pattern called for dividing up the stitches onto holders and knitting each section separately before braiding, but I found it easier to add yarn and knit the hold thing at once, that way I know they will be the same length.




Third.... just off the needles, or rather crochet hook is a square for a baby blanket. My knitting group is putting this together for a fellow member. Each square is 12x12 and will be assembled afterward... color and style are our own and I added flowers to make it pretty.

1 comment:

robin said...

Wow, Margo! You amaze me with all your skills! I love looking at all the beautiful things you have knitted!