Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Knit Wit

So okay, I've jumped into knitting this time around with gale force strength.... accumulating a nice stash, collection patterns and attending workshops to help me further this addiction. Last Saturday I drove all the way to Lansing to Threadbear to be one of a number of women in a workshop hosted by designer Jillian Moreno who co-authored the popular knitting/pattern books for plus size women titled, 'Big Girl Knits'. The class was designed to aid women in determining what garment shape was best for their body type and how to alter a pattern according to your 'real time' measurements. Yes, I did get a lot out of the class, even though there was a lot of math and calculators involved... and apparently that side of my brain stayed home that day. After the hour and half long drive home in not to pleasant weather I was tired.... yet eager to start my next sweater project. This is the very informative and funny Jillian.




Another finished Christmas project.. slipper socks for a friend...

2 comments:

Mel Place said...

too cute look like a fun project if only i had the time.tfs

---PJ said...

Margo made these for me! I wore them until they pretty much fell apart.